Street markets (mercadillos) are great places to buy souvenirs, fruit & vegetables.
The markets in Marbella are similar, selling everything from handbags, sunglasses, watches to clothing, spices, shoes and music. Some markets have specialty items that you may not find elsewhere.
There are markets every day during the summer time:
- Mondays: Alora, Marbella center
- Tuesdays: Benamagosa, Fuengirola (feria ground), Nerja (calle Chaparral)
- Wednesdays: Benalmadena (Parque de la Paloma), La Cala, Estepona, La Linea, Rindon de la Victoria
- Thursdays: Alhaurin el Grande, Pizara, Frigiliana, Torremolinos, Velez Malaga, San Pedro de Alcantara, Torre del Mar
- Fridays: Benalmadena (Tivoli gardens), Casares, Cartama, Aguamania, Elviria
- Saturdays: Fuengirola, La Cala, Ojen Pueblo, Coin, Marbella (Puerto Banus)
- Sundays: Estacion de Cartama, Fuengirola (near mosque), Malaga (near football stadium), Sabinillas, Estepona, Sotogrande, Nerja (car boot sale)